People’s Merchant Finance PLC » Corporate Profile
The Company has been navigating the challenges of banking, finance, and leasing industries in Sri Lanka for the past 39 years. In 2019 we embarked on a new transformational journey to renew, revitalise, and reposition of our business paradigm to fulfil the uncharted potential of the Company with the capital infusion by our majority shareholder, Sterling Capital Investments (Pvt) Ltd., (SCIL) and the appointment of the Board of Directors with significant banking and finance industry expertise and the dynamic management team to lead the key business functions have privileged us to focus on our next phase of business.
NAME OF THE COMPANY
People’s Merchant Finance PLC
“Service Excellence in Financial Services whenever wherever”
“Enrich the lives of more people in more places through inspired people”
- Integrity – We will always adhere to highest ethical standards in all our actions.
- Relationships – We seek to establish mutually beneficial, relationships with all our stakeholders based on trust and the desire to innovate win-win solutions.
- Respect – We value our people, encourage their development, partner their success and reward their performance.
- Community – We embed ourselves in Sri Lankan communities and consider as our responsibility, to recognize and respect all good practices of local communities.
- Pursue Excellence – We will cultivate excellence by challenging ourselves with courage and confidence. We will strive to deliver to our customers an outstanding experience through an unmatched service.
People’s Merchant Finance PLC is a public limited liability company incorporated in Sri Lanka on 26th January 1983 bearing Registration No: N (PBS) 22, quoted in the Colombo Stock Exchange in July 1994, re-registered as per the Companies Act No.07 of 2007 under the registration No. PQ 200 on 16th September 2008 and registered under Finance Leasing Act No. 56 of 2000 and registered under Finance Business Act No. 42 of 2011 on 17th April 2012.
COMPANY REGISTRATION NO.
(SL)B (Stable) credit rating from ICRA Lanka Ltd
STOCK EXCHANGE LISTING PROFILE
The Ordinary shares of the Company were listed with Colombo Stock Exchange in July 1994.
Messrs. K P M G Ford, Rhodes, Thornton & Company – Chartered Accountants